Saturday 30 November 2019
Walk 9.00am - Meet at Glenella Guesthouse at 8.50am for 9.00am departure. The route TBA, however you may do the relatively flat self-guided walk along the firetrail Blackheath to Medlow Bath which is approx 7-8kms. You can have a break at Medlow bath before returning to Blackheath.
We have regular Saturday morning walks held the last Saturday of the month (except December) as follows:
* For the WALK, meet at Glenella Guesthouse, 56 Govetts Leap Rd, Blackheath at 8.50am for 9.00am start
* The walks are approx 8-10kms, they could be shorter or longer and will take approx 3.30-4 hours depending on your level of fitness
* Some walks are self-guided and self-paced
* The route of the walk other than the Medlow Bath walk is usually pre-determined and advertised beforehand where possible. Meeting point and time could change accordingly. T
* Come prepared wearing suitable footwear and clothing, and just in case it rains, bring a rainjacket/poncho, also bring basic first aid, ensure you have ample water, a hat, sunscreen and snacks. Depending on the chosen walk for the morning there may or may not shops or a cafe available until your return to Blackheath. You may wish to bring something for lunch to eat at one of the scenic stops, likewise bring some cash just in case there is somewhere to buy a drink/eat at the half way point. Bring your Opal card if you need to get the train, where available.
You don't have to be a Camino Pilgrim, but just someone who enjoys bush walking/hiking and wants to do and see some beautiful walks in the Blue Mountains with good company. Perhaps it might inspire you to plan yiour Camino! NOTE: you could be walking on uneven tracks and surfaces, across creeks, up and down steps and stairways so wear appropriate footwear. Walking poles can be useful.
- Saturday, 26 October 2019 08:30