Venue: Glenella Guesthouse, 56 Govetts Leap Rd | City: Blackheath, NSW, Australia
WALKING MEETUPS are held the last Saturday of the month (except December)
Come and join with walkers from the Blue Mountains Camino Supporters group for a lovely walk around Blackheath before returning to Glenella Guesthouse, 56 Govetts Leap Rd, Blackheath, in time to have lunch and for the Camino Meetup which starts at 2.00pm. We hope you can stay on and join in the afternoon activity; meet pilgrims and new friends to share your stories, information and Camino experience. For information about Camino Meetups see What's On
Saturday morning walks: meet at Glenella Guesthouse by 8.50am for 9.00am start. The route for today's walk TBA, they are generally between 8-14kms and 3-4 hours in duration. However, there is always the aternative walk you may choose to do which is the walk from Blackheath to Medlow Bath along the fire trail. It is a reasonably flat dirt shared road, a self-guided walk approx 7-8kms taking about 3 hours return, and you can get a cuppa at Medlow Bath!
Regular Saturday morning walks held the LAST Saturday of the month:
* Most months the morning walks are around Blackheath; meet at Glenella Guesthouse, 56 Govetts Leap Rd, Blackheath by 8.50am for 9.00am start. Where possible we try to advertise the route.
* On some months, the walk may be a Station to Station walk which are based on a day from the 5 day Camino-style training walk. These will have an earlier 8.30am start according to train timetable and are subject to change if there are scheduled trackworks on the Blue Mountains line.
* The walks are approx 8-14kms, they could be shorter or longer and will take approx 3.30-4 hours depending on your level of fitness
* Some walks are self-guided and self-paced
* The route of the walk is usually pre-determined and advertised beforehand where possible. Meeting point and time could change accordingly.
* Please come prepared wearing suitable footwear and clothing, and just in case it rains, bring a rainjacket/poncho, also bring basic first aid, ensure you have ample water, a hat, sunscreen and snacks. Depending on the chosen walk for the morning there may or may not shops or a cafe available until your return to Blackheath. You may wish to bring something for lunch to eat at one of the scenic stops, likewise bring some cash just in case there is somewhere to buy a drink/eat at the half way point.
You don't have to be a Camino Pilgrim, but just someone who enjoys bush walking/hiking, knows your own walking activity ability, wants to participate and see some beautiful walks in the Blue Mountains in good company. Perhaps it might inspire you to plan your Camino!
NOTE: You could be walking on uneven tracks and surfaces, across creeks, up and down steps and stairways so wear appropriate footwear. Walking poles can be useful.
Blackheath, NSW, Australia
- Saturday, 28 November 2020 09:00
- Saturday, 31 October 2020 09:00
- Saturday, 26 September 2020 08:30
- Saturday, 29 August 2020 08:30
- Saturday, 25 July 2020 08:30
- Saturday, 27 June 2020 08:30
- Saturday, 30 May 2020 09:00
- Saturday, 25 April 2020 09:00
- Saturday, 28 March 2020 08:30
- Saturday, 29 February 2020 09:00
- Saturday, 25 January 2020 09:00