Venue: Glenella Guesthouse, 56 Govetts Leap Rd | City: Blackheath, NSW, Australia
WALKING MEETUPS are held the last Saturday of the month (except December)
Come and join with walkers from the Blue Mountains Camino Supporters group for a lovely walk around Blackheath before returning to Glenella Guesthouse, 56 Govetts Leap Rd, Blackheath, in time to have lunch and for the Camino Meetup which starts at 2.00pm. We hope you can stay on and join in the afternoon activity; meet pilgrims and new friends to share your stories, information and Camino experience. For information about Camino Meetups see What's On
We offer two walking routes each month generally around Blackheath with distances between 8-14kms taking 2.5-4 hours in duration depending on route. Walks could include fire trails, uneven tracks and surfaces, sometimes walking along the road or pavement and crossing creeks. Some routes may include up and down steps, stairways and slight inclines but there are beautiful views and some bush to enjoy (unless its a 'whiteout'). Walking poles can be useful and always appropriate footwear.
1) You may wish to do the regular "Gourmet Coffee Walk" from Blackheath to Medlow Bath return. You can have a refreshment break at Medlow Bath before returning the same way to Blackheath or you can take the train (bring Opal card). This is a reasonably flat dirt shared road, a self-guided walk approx 11kms taking about 3 hours return plus refreshment.
2) The alternative morning walk can be a little more challenging involving some steps and inclines with distances varying. The route for the day is usually pre-determined and advertised when possible on facebook page and on the website landing page.
* Please come prepared wearing suitable footwear and clothing, and just in case it rains, bring a rainjacket/poncho, also bring basic first aid and hand sanitiser, ensure you have ample water, a hat, sunscreen and snacks. Depending on the chosen walk for the morning there may or may not shops or a cafe available until your return to Blackheath. You may wish to bring snacks to eat at one of the scenic stops, likewise bring some cash just in case there is a cafe to buy a drink/eats at the half way point. You may wish to carry your Opal card if you wish to catch train back to Blackheath (subject to availability).
** EVERYONE WELCOME TO JOIN US!! **
We hope you are able to stay on in Blackheath after the morning walk to come to the Camino Meetup, starts at 2.00-4.00pm and held at Glenella Guesthouse, 56 Govetts Leap Rd. See What's On for more details
You don't have to be a Camino Pilgrim, but just someone who enjoys bush walking/hiking, knows your own walking activity ability, wants to participate and see some beautiful walks in the Blue Mountains in good company. Perhaps it might inspire you to plan your Camino!
Blackheath, NSW, Australia
- Saturday, 28 November 2020 09:00
- Saturday, 31 October 2020 09:00
- Saturday, 26 September 2020 08:30
- Saturday, 29 August 2020 08:30
- Saturday, 27 June 2020 08:30
- Saturday, 30 May 2020 09:00
- Saturday, 25 April 2020 09:00
- Saturday, 28 March 2020 08:30
- Saturday, 29 February 2020 09:00
- Saturday, 25 January 2020 09:00