Venue: Glenella Guesthouse, 56 Govetts Leap Rd | City: Blackheath, NSW, Australia
WALKING MEETUPS are held the last Saturday of the month (except December)
Come and join with walkers from the Blue Mountains Camino Supporters group for a lovely walk around Blackheath before returning to Glenella Guesthouse, 56 Govetts Leap Rd, Blackheath, in time to have lunch and for the Camino Meetup which starts at 2.00pm. We hope you can stay on and join in the afternoon activity; meet pilgrims and new friends to share your stories, information and Camino experience. For information about Camino Meetups see What's On
Saturday 30 May 2020 walk meet by 8.50am for 9.00am set off: There are two routes offered today and restricted to 10 walkers per group walking at the required social distancing.
1) Blackheath Fire Fringe Walk from Glenella to Hat Hill Creek, through the Campbell Rhododendron Gardens and return to Blackheath. This route has slight inclines and a Camino-like winding section up the fire trail.
2) Alternatively, you may wish to do the regular morning walk from Blackheath to Medlow Bath return. You can have a refreshment break at Medlow Bath before returning the same way to Blackheath or you can take the train (bring Opal card). This is a reasonably flat dirt shared road, a self-guided walk approx 7-8kms taking about 3 hours return.
* Please come prepared wearing suitable footwear and clothing, and just in case it rains, bring a rainjacket/poncho, also bring basic first aid, ensure you have ample water, a hat, sunscreen and snacks. Depending on the chosen walk for the morning there may or may not shops or a cafe available until your return to Blackheath. You may wish to bring snacks to eat at one of the scenic stops, likewise bring some cash just in case there is a cafe to buy a drink/eats at the half way point. You may wish to carry your Opal card if you wish to catch train back to Blackheath (subject to availability).
** EVERYONE WELCOME TO JOIN US!! **
We hope you are able to stay on in Blackheath after the morning walk to come to the Camino Meetup, starts at 2.00-4.00pm and held at Glenella Guesthouse, 56 Govetts Leap Rd. See What's On for more details
You don't have to be a Camino Pilgrim, but just someone who enjoys bush walking/hiking, knows your own walking activity ability, wants to participate and see some beautiful walks in the Blue Mountains in good company. Perhaps it might inspire you to plan your Camino!
NOTE: You could be walking on uneven tracks and surfaces, across creeks, up and down steps and stairways so wear appropriate footwear. Walking poles can be useful.
Blackheath, NSW, Australia
- Saturday, 28 November 2020 09:00
- Saturday, 31 October 2020 09:00
- Saturday, 26 September 2020 08:30
- Saturday, 29 August 2020 08:30
- Saturday, 25 July 2020 08:30
- Saturday, 27 June 2020 08:30
- Saturday, 30 May 2020 09:00
- Saturday, 25 April 2020 09:00
- Saturday, 28 March 2020 08:30
- Saturday, 29 February 2020 09:00
- Saturday, 25 January 2020 09:00