Regular Saturday morning walks are held the LAST Saturday of the month (except December)
*JOIN US for our regular last Saturday of the month walk! You don't have to be a Camino Pilgrim, but you may aspire to one day walk the Camino or other pilgrimages; walk with like-minded people who enjoy bush walking/hiking and an opportunity to do some beautiful walks in the Blue Mountains. You must know your own walking ability.
* Most months the morning walks are around beautiful Blackheath; meet at Glenella Guesthouse, 56 Govetts Leap Rd, Blackheath by 8.50am for 9.00am start.
* NOTE: For some months, the walk may be a Station to Station walk which are based on a day from the 5-Day Blue Mountains Camino Walk or other walks near villages in the Mountains. These will generally have an earlier 8.30am start according to train timetable but are subject to change if there are scheduled trackworks on the Blue Mountains line.
* The walks are approx 8-14kms, they could be shorter or longer and will take approx 3.30-4 hours depending on your level of fitness
* There are usually two options for the Saturday morning walks with the reasonable flat trail walk from Blackheath to Medlow Bath along the fire trail and return. Some walks are self-guided and self-paced
* No matter which option you choose, it is a great opportunity to test your Camino gear and pack, chat to others who may have done the Camino whilst you walk.
* The route of the walk is usually pre-determined and advertised beforehand where possible. Meeting point and time could change at short notice.
* Please come prepared wearing suitable footwear and clothing, and just in case it rains, bring a rainjacket/poncho, also bring basic first aid, ensure you have ample water, a hat, sunscreen and snacks.
Depending on the chosen walk for the morning there may or may not shops or a cafe available until your return to Blackheath. You may wish to bring snacks to eat at one of the scenic stops, likewise bring some cash just in case there is a cafe to buy a drink/eats at the half way point.
* You may wish to carry your Opal Card in case there is a train you may wish to catch for the return to Blackheath.
BE COVID SAFE!
Please carry hand sanitiser in your bag/pack. It is mandatory to wear a mask when using public transport and going into shops/cafes/bars and any public place. Please wear a mask. If you are feeling unwell, please do not participate and if any slight symptioms do get COVID-19 tested, stay at home until you get results. Be COVID SAFE, download the COVID App. Download the Service NSW app which includes the QR code for signing in. Protect yourself and others. NSW Health information Click Here
** EVERYONE WELCOME TO JOIN US!! **
SEE HERE when the next Walk and other Camino events are on.
NOTE: You could be walking on uneven tracks and surfaces, across creeks, up and down steps and stairways so wear appropriate footwear. Walking poles can be useful.
DATES FOR 2021: 30 January, 27 February, 27 March, 24 April, 29 May, 26 June, 31 July, 28 August, 25 September, 30 October and 27 November